Search by translation, redlettering, type size, binding and much more!
Item description for NIV Archaeological Study Bible-Burgundy Bond Indexed by Zondervan Publishing...
Overview Bonded leather, burgundy with thumb index.
THUMB-INDEXED EDITION Readers who desire a more intimate knowledge of the historical context of the Bible will appreciate the NIV Archaeological Study Bible. Full of informative articles and full-color photographs of places and objects from biblical times, this Bible examines the archaeological record surrounding God s Word and brings the biblical world to life. Your personal study will be enriched as you become more informed about the empires, places, and peoples of the ancient world. Features include: Full-color interior throughout Bottom-of-page study notes exploring passages that speak on archaeological and cultural facts Articles (520) covering five main categories: Archaeological Sites, Cultural and Historical Notes, Ancient Peoples and Lands, the Reliability of the Bible, and Ancient Texts and Artifacts Approximately 500 4-color photographs interspersed throughout Detailed book introductions that provide basic, at-a-glance information Detailed charts on pertinent topics In-text color maps that assist you in placing the action"
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 10.26" Width: 7.32" Height: 2.5" Weight: 4.53 lbs.
Binding Leather, Bonded
Release Date Mar 13, 2006
Publisher Zondervan Publishing
ISBN 0310935350 ISBN13 9780310935353 UPC 025986935351
Bible Binding: Bonded Leather Color: Burgundy Point/Type Size: 9.00 Version: NIV Redlettering: Yes - Words of Jesus in Red! Boxed Presentation: Yes - Comes Boxed! Introduction: Yes - Features Introduction! Concordance: Yes - Built In Concordance Illustrations: Yes - Contains Illustrations Maps: Yes - Contains Maps Gilded: Yes - Pages are gilded! Indexed: Yes - Comes Indexed Ribbon Marker: Yes - Keep's your place! Presentation Bible: Yes
Availability 0 units.
More About Zondervan Publishing
Zondervan is an American international Christian media and publishing company located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Zondervan is a founding member of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA).
Zondervan was founded in 1931 in Grandville, MI, a suburb of Grand Rapids, by brothers Peter ("P.J.", "Pat") and Bernard (Bernie) Zondervan, who were the nephews of publisher William B. Eerdmans. The company began in the Zondervans' farmhouse and originally dealt with selling remainders and publishing public domain works. The first book it published was Women of the Old Testament by Abraham Kuyper, in 1933.
Within a few years Zondervan developed titles of its own, and began publishing Bible editions. The Berkeley Version appeared in 1959, and the Amplified Bible in 1965. The NIV New Testament was published in partnership with the International Bible Society in 1973, and the complete NIV Bible appeared in 1978.
The company was bought by HarperCollins, a division of News Corp, in 1988, and is the company's principal Christian book publishing division.
Zondervan also publishes many other books by Christian authors focusing on topics of interest to Christians. In the 1970s it published The Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey, which has sold more than 30 million copies. They are also known for the Bible storytelling books of Ethel Barrett, Joni by quadriplegic Joni Eareckson Tada, Baptist minister and author Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life, which has sold more than 35 million copies, Sacred Marriage, the modern marriage classic by Gary Thomas (author), and Rob Bell, author of Velvet Elvis and presenter of NOOMA. NOOMA is a series of short spiritual films. In 2004, Zondervan expanded to include Renee Altson, Shane Claiborne, Sarah Raymond Cunningham and Margaret Feinberg, authors writing for young readers.
Zondervan Publishing has published or released items in the following series...
Reviews - What do customers think about NIV Archaeological Study Bible-Burgundy Bond Indexed ?
Archaeological Study Bible Comments Mar 18, 2007
I purchased the NIV Archaeological Study Bible, Genuine Leather Black, Indexed, and I must say that I'm very happy with it.
I will tell you, though, some of the things that I've noticed:
1. If you're looking for a nice, soft premium leather, be aware that, as advertised, it is genuine leather. I was hoping that it would be better for a Bible in this price range.
2. The index tabs for some reason all caught the previous pages, (the page before the tab), on the edges. Carefully pulle the edges of the page out from under the tabs, and all is well. Maybe mine was a fluke, but annoying to have to do.
3. The pages are easy to read but may tear. The pages in my Open Bible seem stronger, but, and this is a BIG BUT, they all have a sheen that reflects light and makes it very hard to read. This Bible is much easier to read despite the 8 or 9 point type. No sheen.
4. You can see little of the type on the previous and next pages. The Open Bible pages were almost transparent, really bad, and a headache to read. This one is MUCH better.
5. In my opinion, the included software is junk. There are many better, and free, Bible programs, but since the NIV is not available for them, you MIGHT want to use it just because it IS the NIV version.
6. The binding seems very good. The care instructions suggest that you open it to the middle, and press down slightly. Then repeat the process forward and backward through the Bible. Practically a flat bible. With use I imagine that it will get even better.
7. The amount of information packed into this Bible is amazing. Full color photos through out is really nice. Be aware, though, that the pictures you can see on your computer screen are better looking than in this Bible do to the nature of the media. That being said, the photos in the Bible are very, very nice.
So, even with some of the `negatives' sighted above, I would still buy this Bible again. Enjoy!
Beautiful bible, but it is big. I mean really big! Feb 21, 2007
The title pretty much says it all. The bible is simply gorgeous with it's full color presentation, photos, articles and notes. I've never seen a more well laid out bible.
That being said, this bible is large, no check that, huge. This weighs every bit of the 4 + pounds in the description. Almost 5lbs...to really understand that, go grab a 5lb weight and carry it around for awhile and see how much fun that is. After awhile, it really is almost impractical to carry such a large bible around. It's hard to use at a table during a bible study with others, it really does become cumbersome to carry around. This one had my large bible cover busting at the seams.
I think this bible would be fantastic for home study and reading, but not so good for your "everyday" bible to church, bible study etc.
Superb Black Top Grain Leather, Thumb Indexed Bible Jan 31, 2007
This is a beautiful bible in top-grain leather and thumb-indexed for quick referencing. The study notes are insightful, practical, and aid contextual understanding. This would be a great bible to read and study cover-to-cover.
Excellent Bible Nov 9, 2006
I love this bible. Yes, it is heftier than most other bibles, but that's because it has so many interesting, informative articles throughout the bible. These articles add a huge amount to the understanding of the text.
So much in one place Aug 21, 2006
I found out about the Archaeological Study Bible while doing archaeology in Israel (Hippos/Sussita). A member of our team had one. I ordered mine online from Israel, and it was waiting for me when I returned to the states. What I like most about it is that there is so much information in one place -- historical backgrounds and archaeological finds concerning Biblical places, things, and people. Rather than looking in several different books, I can see so much between the covers of this Bible.