Reviews - What do customers think about Dragonlance Tasselhoffs War of the Lance (Dragonlance)?
Not Happy Jan 15, 2008
I was very disapointed when I received the maps. The are for D&D, which it did not state in the discription at all. So if you dont play D&D but like Dragonlance, I would not recomend it, I thouht they would be maps from the stories. Not lamenated game sheets.
Tas Maps during the Age of Despair May 12, 2007
Before I commence, I remember the good old days when maps are either on cloth (Ultima or Forgotten Realms box set) or made with paper material that gives a rustic feel of authenticity. Alas, this isn't the case with maps found herewith.
Anyway, I digress :)
What's in it? (1) Full large continent map of Krynn during the Age of Despair Comment: Very detailed color map showing major cities, locations and areas (still harping that the feeling is lost...)
(2) Map of Thorbardin Comment: only overview of the entire area but not the cities layout and major locations. However, good enough to flesh it out yourself. (its in A4 size on glossy paper...still harping that the feeling is lost)
(3) Detail map of Skullcap with major locations Comment: Pretty detailed on each location. Also in A4 on glossy paper
(4) Layout of a flying Citadel Comment: Very brief without much use. Felt that it was included without much thought by the writer
(5) Map of Haven with 20 major locations Comment: Average usefulness. At least the major locations are covered. Not difficult to also flesh out the other areas as required by you.
(6) Inn of Last Home Comment: Very nostalgia with area labelled. Not much details but what detail is required here? :)
(7) Continent map by Tas Comment: Witty and humorous comments by Tas on this "drawn" map by a Kender. However, feeling is lost as it's also printed on glossy A4 paper
(8) Silvanesti during the nightmare of Lorac Comment: Well marked areas of possible encounters. Adventure hooks also provided for DM to flesh out again
(9) Map of Tower of Palanthas Comment: Clearly marked areas
(10) Map of Kendermore Comment: Cute and well marked
(11) Map of Dargaard Keep Comment: Locations well labelled showing different levels of this keep
(12) Claren Elian Comment: Not very useful
Overall Comment: A useful additional to any DM running this campaign (however there are certain spoilers for players) and informative for anyone interested in Dragonlance after reading the original Chronicles Trilogy. However, certain maps are of not much use although it doesn't spoil the whole package. My only qualm is the feel of it. Relying on glossy white paper kills the feel of authenticity.
(My personal rating descriptor: 5 - Unbelievable! Definite buy! 4 - Excellent! Worth every cent spent! 3 - Good! Useful and value-add. 2 - Average but not really necessary 1 - Horrific...)
Much less than I thought it would be May 7, 2007
I had anticipated so much more from this product than I got, based on the quality of past MWP products.
Dragonlance Fan Jun 29, 2006
This is a cool little item to have. If you have read the series then things will make sense. Won't probably use all the maps unless you plan on running through the original storyline. A little pricey but if you can get a discount it is worth it for a fan. My favorite character is Soth and there is a map for his keep. The most important thing is that there is a world map for Asalon.