Item description for Genesis: Finding Our Roots by Ruth Beechick & Beechick Ruth...
Overview Read evidence that writings in Genesis are more ancient than historians admit. Adam, Noah, and other eyewitnesses actually wrote these records for us.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Studio: Arrow Press
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 10" Width: 7.75" Height: 0.48" Weight: 1.16 lbs.
Release Date Feb 23, 2001
Publisher Mott Media
ISBN 094031911X ISBN13 9780940319110
Availability 0 units.
More About Ruth Beechick & Beechick Ruth
Dr. Ruth Beechick has been a teacher, professor, and curriculum developer. She has written numerous books on education and curriculum, including some on "creation history" to accompany today's books on creation science. Two previous books on the early history of the world are "Adam and His Kin" and "Genesis: Finding Our Roots."
Reviews - What do customers think about Genesis: Finding Our Roots?
In the beginning God Jun 10, 2007
This book tells it like it was. Because creation was finished on the 7th day, we can't know how, but we can see and study the results. It explains why the "very good" earth that God created is less than that now. Sin entered the world and death by sin. Fortunately our God is a compassionate God and provided an escape for us in Jesus Christ just as he provided an escape for Noah and his family before the Flood for a new beginning. Even then man rebelled and God gave them new languages and when people groups couldn't understand each other they separated and filled the earth as God had commanded after the Flood.
Excellent Resource! May 16, 2007
"Genesis: Finding Our Roots" provides an excellent overview of Sumerian culture, mythology, and linguistics with an emphasis on astronomy and biblical compatibility.
Dr. Beechick's research is top notch and fully documented. She demonstrates the absurdity of the word 'pre-historic' by showing that the origin accounts in the Bible DO pre-date those of ancient Sumer and Babylon.
A must read for anyone who is interested in accuracy and readability in the studies of ancient man.
As to David Moore's ignorant attack of Dr. Beechick's YEC credentials:
It's great to see someone defend YEC, but it is pathetic to witness someone bash a staunch scholar like Ruth Beechick.
Obviously, David Moore runs around this site, cutting and pasting his diatribe wherever he suspects heresy, with no thought of reviewing something he actually read or caring about whom he is attacking.
Dr. Beechick warrants a great deal more respect as she corrects evolutionary time-lines (like datings of Egyptian Pharoahs) to conform to the more Biblically (and archeologically) accurate dates.
David Moore needs to read a little more and broadcast his ignorance a little less.
This book promotes a literal 6 day creation May 16, 2007
The reviewer below is very incorrect in his assessment! If you don't believe me, check out Ken Ham's "Answers in Genesis" website, where he promotes Ruth Beechick's "Finding our Roots."
Answers in Genesis is in support of the literal "6 day creation" belief, and so is Ruth Beechick. Ruth Beechick is not a theistic evolutionist. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
This is an excellent resource, Ruth Beechick is an excellent writer. Simple yet profound. I gained much from this book, and great resource for homeschoolers or anyone wanting to learn the truth.
Karen from Fl Feb 26, 2007
This is a great book. It shows you how to calculate your own time line for different events in the bible. I love the part about Noah and his family. I never realized they were on the ark a little over 1 year. I always thought it was 40 days. I was very wrong. This is a great book and can also be read to children.
The true agenda : evolution not creation Feb 14, 2007
Now listen to what the culture around us is trying to conform us to:
Theistic evolution is an attempt to accommodate God's Word to man's ideas. The theistic evolutionist says that God's method of creation was evolution, that He didn't create the world in six literal days but took millions, perhaps billions, of years to accomplish the feat.
To suggest that God relied on chance and time to create the universe is not only insulting to God's power, it makes Him a liar by contradicting His inspired written account of creation. To satisfy the theistic evolutionist, the first few chapters of Genesis would have to be rewritten. Ruth Beechick(4) suggests the ridiculous results below.
1. In the beginning God created masses of interstellar gas and dust, and after billions of years there were formed from these masses many solar systems and in one a planet, Earth.
2. Now this planet was without form and covered with waters.
3. And God said, Let the process of orogenesis work in the earth. After a sufficient time had elapsed the waters were gathered together and dry land appeared: and it was so.
4. And God called the dry land earth; and the gathering together of the waters called He seas: and God saw that it was good.
5. And God said, Let elements in the waters come together in chance formations. And a chain of highly improbable chances brought together a true protoplasm. God called the protoplasm life.
6. And God said to the living protoplasm, keep making more protoplasm and form into cells of different kinds, and ever better and more complex groupings so you can evolve into many kinds of water creatures. And let some of the fish bring forth wings. And after millions of years God saw that it was good.
7. And God blessed them, saying, be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
8. And God had also said, let some of the fish begin to crawl on the earth, and let every creature bring forth some other kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth, each after some other kind: and it was so.
9. And when the living creatures could not evolve into all the kinds God wanted, then God made some more creatures from time to time. These creatures also made new kinds upon the earth: and God saw that it was good.'
10. And God said to the primate kind, Stand upright and begin to use tools. This will develop your brain and you can have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
11. And after many generations the upright primate could do all the things God told him to do. God called him Man, and Man was the image of Him.
12. And God blessed Man and said, Be fruitful, and subdue the earth. I have given you everything in it.
13. And God saw every thing that He had made, and behold it was very good. And millions and billions of years had passed.
14. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
15. And after God ended His work which He had made, God rested on one day from all His work which He had made.
16. And God blessed that one day, and sanctified it: because in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.
17. Therefore, remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
18. Many years shalt thou labor and do all thy work:
19. But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work.
20. For in millions and billions of years the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested one day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Some of the ancient manuscripts omit this verse.
DO YOU REALLY WANT THIS WOMEN TO TEACH YOUR KIDS???
Can we really take the liberty to alter the very Word of God like that? If we do so in Genesis 1-2 where else can we make it suit the current scientific, moral, cultural drift away from God?
In other words, no book of the Scriptures matters more because EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE RESTS ON THIS ONE! The book of Genesis is the foundation for the doctrines that follow.
Everything you base your eternal destiny upon starts in Genesis:
A. INSPIRATION: The Creator in Genesis WROTE the Scriptures! Hebrews 1:1-2 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by [ His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; (NKJV)
B. DEITY OF CHRIST: The Creator in Genesis is the One who DIED for you and me! Hebrews 1:3 who being the brightness of [His] glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, (NKJV) John 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. (NKJV)
C. FINAL JUDGMENT: The CREATOR in Genesis is the ONE we will all someday face to enter Heaven or Hell! Acts 17:24, 31 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 31 "because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead." (NKJV)
D. SALVATION: The CREATOR of Genesis is the ONLY ONE who can die in your place on the Cross! Romans 5:12-15 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned -- 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift [is] not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. (NKJV)
E. TRUSTWORTHINESS OF CHRIST: The CREATOR in Genesis is the ONLY ONE who knows what happened at that event! Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.(NKJV)
F. THE WHOLE MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE: The CREATOR in Genesis is the ONLY ONE able to send a message like we have in the SCRIPTURES! Colossians 1:15-17 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. (NKJV)
All attempts to compromise the Scriptures should be resisted. There are some popular views some Christians hold that are very dangerous: a. Evolution is the Satanic religion of the Fall, Cain, Babel, idolatry, paganism, humanism and all other evils. Even the Darwinism of Evolution has been proven in a legal setting to be devoid of scientific support. As Dr. Phillip Johnson says in his book Darwinism on Trial, "at every step I, what I found was a failure of the evidence to be in accord with the theory. . . the fossil record is something the Darwinists must explain away because it records sudden appearance of organisms that exhibit no trace of step-by-step development from earlier forms. And once these organisms exist, they remain fundamentally unchanged . . . " (5) b. Gap Theory destroys Adam's original sin. Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned -- (NKJV) It puts him at the head of a creation that sits atop a multi-billion year old graveyard of fossils. This monument to sin, death and destruction before Adam is incongruous to the Word of God. c. Age Day Theory destroys the reliability of the text. It is repeatedly stated and believed by the Scripture writers that the account of Gen. 1 is true. The Age Day Theory states the sun had to come before the fourth epoch. So the Scriptures can't be trusted.
So what should we trust about the CREATOR we meet in the book of Genesis?
1. LISTEN TO YOUR CREATOR
Gen. 1 is His account and He says He did it in six literal, solar, calendar days! "evening and morning" is a designation for a rotation of the Earth, a solar, 24-hour day. In fact the word used in Genesis 1-2 for day is always used for a literal day The word "day" (Hebrew yom) can have a variety of meanings. A solar day, daylight, indefinite period of time. Occurring 2291 times in the Old Testament, it almost always means a literal day. When used in the plural form yamim (845 times), it always refers to a literal day. When modified by numeral or ordinal in historical narrative (359 times in the Old Testament outside of Genesis 1); it always means a literal day. When modified by "evening and/or morning" (38 times outside of Genesis 1) it always means a literal day. Context of Genesis 1 is a tight chronology. Forms basis for our workweek of 6 literal days (Exodus 20:11). Proper interpretation is a solar day, not an indefinite time period. Gen. 2 is His origin of man and woman is the account of Adam and Eve, and it was instantaneous creation! Exodus 20 was actually inscribed by the very finger of God into stone. What do the only words that God actually wrote on an object say? Exodus 20:9-11 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD your God. [In it] you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who [is] within your gates. 11 For [in] six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that [is] in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. (NKJV) is His explanation of the timing and it is six solar days! Mark 10 is His placement of mankind in relation to the universe! Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.' (NKJV) 2. TRUST YOUR CREATOR
Hebrews 1:10 And: You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. (NKJV) Hebrews 11:3-6 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him,] for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (NKJV