Item description for No Way Out (Adventures in Odyssey) by Focus On The Family...
Overview Things are getting back to normal here in Odyssey. Or are they? Bernard tells a story about his meeting with a reluctant angel, the goofy Wooton has to impersonate his bad-tempered brother for a business meeting, and Whit finds himself trapped in a room without doors! Getting back to normal? That's as normal as things ever get here in Odyssey. Volume 42 contains the following episodes (and themes): Living in the Gray 1 & 2 (God's unconditional love) Stubborn Streaks (Admitting you're wrong) Called On in Class (Fear) The Girl in the Sink (Being used by God) Bernard and Saul (Jealousy) Eggshells (Supporting your friends) Nothing But the Half Truth (Honesty) Split Ends (Reconciliation) Something's Got to Change (Sacrifice) No Way Out--No Way In (Love casts out fear)
Things are getting back to normal here in Odyssey. Or are they? Bernard tells a story about his meeting with a reluctant angel, the goofy Wooton has to impersonate his bad-tempered brother for a business meeting, and Whit finds himself trapped in a room without doors! Getting back to normal? That's as normal as things ever get here in Odyssey.
Volume 42 contains the following episodes (and themes): Living in the Gray 1 & 2 (God's unconditional love) Stubborn Streaks (Admitting you're wrong) Called On in Class (Fear) The Girl in the Sink (Being used by God) Bernard and Saul (Jealousy) Eggshells (Supporting your friends) Nothing But the Half Truth (Honesty) Split Ends (Reconciliation) Something's Got to Change (Sacrifice) No Way Out--No Way In (Love casts out fear)
Please Note, Community Descriptions and notes are submitted by our shoppers, and are not guaranteed for accuracy.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 8.8" Width: 5.3" Height: 1.2" Weight: 0.6 lbs.
Binding Audio Cassette
Release Date Oct 31, 2004
Publisher Tyndale House Publishers
Series Adventures In Odyssey Audio
Series Number 42
ISBN 1589972309 ISBN13 9781589972308
Reviews - What do customers think about No Way Out (Adventures in Odyssey)?
Can't stop listening... Jan 16, 2007
My son loves all of the AIO stories and can't stop listening to them at bedtime. Problem is he stays up too late listening. These are great stories with solid moral themes. I also think they enhance a childs listening and imagination skills.
Good stuff! Aug 23, 2005
This is a great CD. There are many good lessons. Our family enjoyed it. Our favorite was the last story!
Episode Listing Jun 7, 2005
1. SOUNDS LIKE A MYSTERY Odyssey is abuzz when a national treasure come to town -- especially once it gets stolen! First Nick Mulligan, then Rodney Rathbone seem to be the likely culprits. But the truth shocks even Whit, who may have found out too late... An exciting whodunit that speaks about the dangers of deception, whether big or small. Theme-Dishonesty
2. THINK ON THESE THINGS When Mr. Whittaker modifies the Imagination Station to help Trent and Marvin with their story problems, the two boys are very excited. They're understanding math like never before. But then Trent discovers that he can use the Station to talk back to teachers, with no consequences. How far will he go in his virtual rebellion? Theme-Thought Life
3. FAIRY TAL-E-VISION Ever wondered what TV would be like in Fairy Tale Land? KYDS Radio shows how sin never pays with "TV shows" like "Emergency Room: Three Blind Mice" and "6 Minutes: The London Bridge Collapse." Theme-Consequences of sin
4. STARS IN OUR EYES What is a hero? Tamika thinks that a popular star on "Most People Love Sydney" fits the bill... until Mr. Whittaker gets Tamika an interview with the celebrity herself! At the same time, Connie, Wooten, Tom and Bart hear that a Hollywood producer wants to make a commercial for Whit's End, and each of them offers their wacky ideas. Theme-Heroes
5. SUNDAY MORNING SCRAMBLE Sunday means church for the Washington family, and on this morning all of them are especially rushed. Ed, Elaine, Tamika and Marvin learn an important lesson about preparing for worship when putting on their Sunday best and competing in a Scripture memory contest becomes a real hassle... especially when a certain neighbor pays them a visit--Bart Rathbone! Theme-Worship
6. POTENTIAL POSSIBILITIES Our friends in Odyssey find out a key truth about not neglecting their gifts -- and a surprise from Tom Riley's past! After years of making A's, Trent has finally made it into the Gifted Class at his school. But will he lose friends if he takes on a new level of academics? Meanwhile, Tom Riley discovers that Aubrey is quite the horsemaster and urges her to compete in a horse show. Theme-Using your gifts
7. CALL ME IF YOU CARE Connie's cell phone is picking up mysterious messages from someone named Cindy. She's obviously trying to reach someone important, but who is William? Connie and Whit set out to find out what it's all about and discover a wonderful message of forgiveness. Theme-Reconciliation
8. TRUE CALLING Irving and Solly are back and help teach Mandy an important lesson about talent. Everyone discovers that God does have a plan for our lives and will reveal it in due time. Theme-Fear
9. ...AND THAT'S THE TRUTH Tamika takes her Sunday School lesson to heart when she starts telling people what she thinks - honestly. Too bad she missed the `in love' part of the message. Jack, in the meantime, has a struggle with his new employee who needs to hear the truth but Jack is hesitant to share. All ends well for most everyone. Theme-Speak the truth in love
10. A LAMB'S TALE Tamika donates her beloved lamb to a local toy drive and then decides she really wants it back. We follow the lamb's tale throughout the story and find that her original sacrifice is exactly what she needed to do. Theme-Sacrifice
11. A GLASS DARKLY Trent wrestles between being in detention and auditioning for the local symphony. He keeps getting caught at the wrong place at the wrong time and earning more and more detention which certainly decreases his odds of making it to the auditions. Theme-Trusting in God
12. THE COOLEST DOG Marvin is the lead in his new band and isn't interested in taking advise from anyone; especially Tamika, who is the best musician in the bunch but isn't even part of the band. Much ensues, and the group learns that pride and selfishness come before the fall. Theme-Pride
Grab the Popcorn! It`s NO WAY OUT! Apr 11, 2005
This a masterpiece! Warning: Commenly known to get you addicted to Focus on the Family Kid Audio stuff! (It happened to me) I was CAPTIVATED. Heres a sneek peek: Jimmy Barclay is working for a gossiping magizene and has dropped out of school. (PSSST! He`s even growing a beard now!) Bernard Walton is suddenly losing customers. Trent DeWhite overcomes his fear of oral reports.(VERY funny) We hear some more of Bernard`s MAGNIFISANT storytelling (the Girl in the Sink & Bernard and Saul) And so much more!
Take my my word for it, you`ll be missing a lot if you don`t listen to this aulbum!!!!!!!!!
The Bomb Feb 22, 2005
I haven't listened to it but I have heard and read about it. WELL! It sounds so cool. I like most of the new ones more than the old ones. SSSSSOOOOO it's the BBBBBBBOOOOOOMMMMMBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!