Item description for Welcome to College: A Christ-Follower's Guide for the Journey by Jonathan Morrow...
Overview In this engaging guide, Jonathan Morrow encourages students to consider and engage the issues they will face in the dorm, on campus, and in the college classroom. A great gift idea for all high school graduates!
Publishers Description College, more than any other experience in a young person's life, helps to determine what kind of person he or she will be in the future. To help the upcoming student, Jonathan Morrow provides this engaging guide packed with advice on all manner of issues, from dating and friends, classes and homework, to avoiding the temptation to just "check out" spiritually while in school. Morrow gives personal advice and anecdotes, draws examples from Scripture, and offers additional resources for further insights. Discussion questions are included for further study.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Studio: Kregel Publications
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 8.94" Width: 6.02" Height: 0.8" Weight: 1.14 lbs.
Release Date Feb 5, 2008
Publisher Kregel Publications
ISBN 0825433541 ISBN13 9780825433542
Availability 6 units. Availability accurate as of Feb 27, 2017 10:16.
Usually ships within one to two business days from New Kensington, PA.
Orders shipping to an address other than a confirmed Credit Card / Paypal Billing address may incur and additional processing delay.
More About Jonathan Morrow
JONATHAN MORROW (D.Min., M.Div., M.A.) is the author of "Welcome to College" and "Think Christianly" and coauthor of "Is God Just a Human Invention?" He also contributed to the "Apologetics Study Bible for Students." Jonathan is director of creative strategies for Impact 360 Institute where he teaches in the college Gap Year program and high school summer Immersion experience. As the founder of Think Christianly Jonathan speaks nationally on worldview, apologetics, and culture and is passionate about seeing a new generation of Christ-followers understand what they believe, why they believe it, and why it matters in life. His books have been featured on shows like Family Life Today, Stand to Reason, Breakpoint, WAY-FM, Frank Pastore, The Janet Mefferd Show, and Apologetics 315. He and his wife have been married for 13 years and have three children. Connect with him at www.thinkchristianly.org."
Reviews - What do customers think about Welcome To College?
FIVE Reasons to buy this book Feb 21, 2008
Welcome to College is an outstanding work! As wise as it is current. Here are FIVE reasons why you should buy this book today.
1. Relevant. Welcome to College is focused on college students--on their concerns, on their needs, and on this pivotal time of their lives. But it is not just a book for college students. It is for anyone who knows, interacts with, teaches, ministers to, parents, or is involved with college students (or college age folks). Welcome to College is a worthy read, no matter your age.
2. Accessible. These chapters come out of a life lived. They are practical, thought out, lived out insights into a Christian life. Not just Jonathan's life, but all of those he's served, worked with, and befriended--a vast number of whom are college students. He's lived this stuff.
3. Diverse subjects. Welcome to College synthesizes subject matter normally not found together. Practical `how to's' like how to deal with syllabus shock, bad roommates, alcohol use and abuse, are combined with intellectual challenges that many young people face on campuses like how Christianity and Science relate and what sort of things we can actually know to be true. Not to mention questions of Christian spirituality, like how to come to know God's will, how become more like Jesus, and Biblical man and womanhood. This is a timely handbook.
4. Great resource. Jonathan has thought through these many issues to provide a ready reference for the most common questions, concerns, and difficulties a college student will face. But knowing that every person is unique and generally will need more of one thing than another, he also provides an abundance of suggested readings and resources (internet and other) if one desires to dig more deeply into any of these issues.
5. This book is an integrated expression of a Christian worldview and a great gift to the next generation of Christendom.
Great and much needed book! Feb 20, 2008
This is a great insight into college life for a Christian student. It's written from a "I've been there" perspective and really hits home for those of us still in college. Highly recommend for anyone going into or in college, especially if you have any questions on what it means to be a Christian in an environment where the right answer is not always clear. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!