Item description for Implementing SugarCRM: A step-by-step guide to using this powerful Open Source application in your business by Michael J.R. Whitehead...
'A step-by-step guide to using this powerful Open Source application in your business.'
* Assess your business's CRM requirements, and start using SugarCRM effectively straight away
* Covers both the free and commercial versions of SugarCRM -- get maximum benefit from the free version before paying for add ons
* Your complete guide to SugarCRM implementation -- assess your needs, install the software, start using it, train users, integrate with existing systems
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 9.1" Width: 7.4" Height: 0.7" Weight: 1.25 lbs.
Release Date Jan 20, 2006
Publisher Packt Publishing
ISBN 190481168X ISBN13 9781904811688
Availability 78 units. Availability accurate as of Jan 23, 2017 12:34.
Usually ships within one to two business days from La Vergne, TN.
Orders shipping to an address other than a confirmed Credit Card / Paypal Billing address may incur and additional processing delay.
Reviews - What do customers think about Implementing SugarCRM: A step-by-step guide to using this powerful Open Source application in your business?
A good place to start Sep 3, 2008
Anyone who is planning to administer SugarCRM should buy this book. It is great for getting to know the application from a bird's eye point of view. As SugarCRM consultants, we recommend it as a reference guide to administrators. That being said, it is only valuable as that: a point of reference to use for minor studio customizations or when small issues arise. For more in depth tasks like large data migrations, deep customizations, and building complicated modules, this book will not answer all your questions.
You will find much more substance in the Sugar documentation Dec 16, 2006
OK, I generally do not write reviews when I like a product. I let others do that (since there are plenty of people who do write positive reviews). But I take it upon myself to let others know when the product sucks. This is one of those occasions.
I am very disappointed with this book for the following reasons:
1. With all the great reviews, I had thought that this would solve world hunger and then some. It went through this book in exactly 40 minutes, scanning over each chapter looking for something that I already did not know. I could not find anything. NOTHING. Nothing at all. 2. It has precious little information about installing, customizing and troubleshooting the application for your specific business needs, which will occur if you are doing anything useful with the application. 3. The documentation pdfs that the sugar folks have put together are much more involved and detailed, not to mention concise and free. 4. The price of this book suggests that it would be a detailed work. The author actually did no research/make any contribution to what already exists in public domain. I felt cheated. Looks like someones idea of making a quick buck. Disgusting.
Rare book Oct 16, 2006
I rate this book with 5 stars because:
1. It presents clear, very clear explanation what a CRM for a small- mid-size business is. 2. The author has background as small- mid-size business manager/owner so he speaks not from technology geek point of view but from business owner/manager point of view. All goals are first of all business goals, not some technological gains. 3. Very clear explanation of open-source SugarCRM. 4. Interconnection of all items (CRM, SMB needs, SugarCRM abilities) together under excellent examples of imaginary small business implementing SugarCRM.
Overall very rare book in these days which speaks about business first of all and speaks with authority of "been there done that". As SugarCRM user myself I find this book extremely useful.
A Great Read Apr 3, 2006
This author clearly understands small and medium business, and Sugar CRM - I would recommend this book to anybody. Worth every penny!!!!!!!
Implementing SugarCRM Mar 31, 2006
We're now in the process of implementing SugarCRM in our business and I've found this book to be an invaluable tool in helping us during this process.
The writing is clean and clear and the author has added some flavor to what can be a dry subject.
I would highly recommend it to anyone using or considering using SugarCRM in their business.