Item description for Wise Words And Quotes by Vernon McLellan...
Overview Many great things have been said since the beginning of time. Many are wise, many are fun, and some are both. "Wise Words and Quotes" presents some of these classic sayings that encourage, inspire and entertain.
Publishers Description Many great things have been said since the beginning of time. Many are wise, many are funny, and some are both. "Wise Words and Quotes" presents classic sayings that encourage, inspire, and entertain.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Studio: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 8.26" Width: 5.53" Height: 0.78" Weight: 0.8 lbs.
Release Date Jun 1, 2000
Publisher Tyndale House Publishers
ISBN 0842336710 ISBN13 9780842336710 UPC 031809036716
Availability 12 units. Availability accurate as of Mar 30, 2017 12:42.
Usually ships within one to two business days from La Vergne, TN.
Orders shipping to an address other than a confirmed Credit Card / Paypal Billing address may incur and additional processing delay.
Reviews - What do customers think about Wise Words And Quotes?
A waste of money, time, and shelf space! May 13, 2002
Quotes are great tools to corroborate your arguments and to stress your points. However, what's the worth of a quote that has no source? As far as it goes, you can make yourself as many as you want without having to buy this book!
When I started looking for a quotes book I wanted a book that amasses quotable quotes from famous authors, legendary leaders, respectable scholars, and historical figures! Such quotes would be of great value when you're writing essay reports, professional CV's, speeches, and personal statements. Thus when I found this book I thought that my search has concluded! Once I received the book though, disappointment grew heavy inside me.
The author of this book categorized the quotes under more than 100 topics. At the beginning of the book you find an index of all the topics in the book, which seemed to be a good start. But once you start reading the book you realize that more than 70% of the quotes are mentioned without a source! And to be more disappointing, most of the sources of the remaining 30% are either unrecognizable or irrelevant to topic of the quote!
To site an example, I needed quotes about leadership. However, almost all of the quotes were mentioned without sources, an act that labels them "Worthless!" And the few quotes that had sources were quotes from figures who never assumed positions of leadership!
It is also worth mentioning that the quotes without sources are not that interesting either. I can collect many quotes from newspapers and magazines that challenge the quality of the quotes in this book.
In the end, I totally regret buying this book for the purpose mentioned above. Also, I can't think of any other useful purpose that this book can serve. If you still intend to buy this book, then it might be wise to keep on searching because I'm sure there must be something better out there. Good luck.