Item description for The Mayo Clinic Plan: 10 Essential Steps to a Better Body & Healthier Life by Mayo Clinic...
Overview Medical experts at the Mayo Clinic introduce a ten-step plan to achieve a healthier lifestyle, offering tips on nutrition, weight control, exercise, sleep, the reduction of health risk factors, and the development of healthy habits.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 0.75" Width: 8.25" Height: 10" Weight: 1.75 lbs.
Release Date Jan 3, 2006
Publisher Time Inc Home Entertainment
ISBN 1932994270 ISBN13 9781932994278
Availability 0 units.
More About Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic took root in farm fields near Rochester, Minn., in the late 1800s. It grew from the medical practice of a country doctor, William Worrall Mayo, and the partnership of his two sons, William J. and Charles H. Mayo - affectionately known as Dr. Will and Dr. Charlie. The brothers' innovative ideas and tireless work in learning and creating new surgical techniques attracted international attention. Physicians from around the world came to watch the Mayo brothers perform surgery. The Mayo brothers invited other doctors to join them, forming teams of medical experts. Today, Mayo Clinic - one of the world's oldest and largest multispecialty group practices - comprises more than 45,000 physicians, scientists, nurses and other staff at its three locations in Rochester, Minn., Jacksonville, Fla., and Scottsdale, Ariz., and its regional community-based health care practices.
Mayo Clinic has published or released items in the following series...
Reviews - What do customers think about The Mayo Clinic Plan: 10 Steps to a Healthier Life for EveryBody!?
healthy eating practices Jan 30, 2008
doctor recommended this book and I've learned some helpful information on good eating habits and exercise routines
A Great Place to Start Sep 30, 2007
Mayo Clinic has produced a book that is a great place to start for learning about a healthy lifestyle. It has helpful quizzes to assess your health in different areas. I wish it had more depth; that is why I can only give it four stars. It lays a good foundation, but leaves you wishing for more details.
Ten Steps to Better Health Feb 20, 2006
The Mayo Clinic Plan is a 10-step program laid out in detail to improve your overall health. In a set of quizzes, you can analyze your health and take steps to make it better
1. Health Assessment, fitness, eating habits and risky behaviors (alcohol, tobacco and risky activities like driving without a seatbelt.)
2. Exercise: basics of aerobic, core and strength training and frexibility are outlined. What to do about injuries.
3. Eating: The Mayo Clinic Healthy Pyramid, how to plan meals.
4. Dieting, basically food portion control and eating from the pyramid.
5. Tobacco--how to get quit of it.
6. An on-course assessment, medical tests to consider.
7. Your spiritual and emotional health, whether religious or attitudinal.
8. Stress--how to manage it.
9. Mind and Body Recharge--insomnia, taking a break
10. How to live safely--seatbelts, responsible drinking, safe sex. chemicals in the home, sunscreen and household safety (remember how many accidents happen at home? A huge percentage.)
Summary: A nicely complete book with many useful charts, quizzes and bits of information. Use this as a roadmap for total health and you won't go far wrong.