Item description for The Big Book of Breakfast: Serious Comfort Food for Any Time of the Day by Maryana Vollstedt...
Overview A delicious selection of more than 280 recipes for every type of breakfast food imaginable features such easy-to-prepare dishes as Corned Beef Hash and Eggs, Spicy Orange Pancakes, and many other frittatas, omelets, quieches, casseroles, sandwiches, wraps, breads, fruits, beverages, and more. Original. Good Cook Alt.
Publishers Description The latest in the best-selling "Big Book" series, "The Big Book of Breakfasts" starts the day right with over 280 recipes for every kind of breakfast food imaginable. Its classic Maryana Vollstedt: every delicious dish is so easy to make you can hit the snooze button again and again. From classic blue-plate specials of Corned Beef Hash and Eggs to an innovative brunch of Spicy Orange Pancakes, here are frittatas and omelets, quiches and stratas, casseroles and skillet entrees, sandwiches and wraps, French toast and pancakes, waffles and cereals, meats and potatoes, breads and fruits plus a bevy of beverages and the basic how-to. Breakfast-its not just for breakfast anymore.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Studio: Chronicle Books
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 8.24" Width: 8.22" Height: 0.99" Weight: 1.44 lbs.
Release Date Nov 1, 2002
Publisher Chronicle Books
ISBN 0811833380 ISBN13 9780811833387
Availability 0 units.
More About Maryana Vollstedt
Maryana Vollstedt is the author of more than a dozen cookbooks, including The Big Book of Soups & Stews, The Big Book of Casseroles, What's for Dinner?, and Pacific Fresh. She lives in Eugene, Oregon.
Maryana Vollstedt currently resides in Eugene, in the state of Oregon.
Reviews - What do customers think about The Big Book of Breakfast: Serious Comfort Food for Any Time of the Day?
Best Breakfast cookbook I own! Apr 26, 2008
I own a number of breakfast cookbooks, but I think this one is the best. The book has over 300 pages of recipes that are simple and easy to follow. I enjoy cooking a nice breakfast on the weekends, but I don't want to spend all morning in the kitchen - these recipes are quick enough that I don't have to. Also, just paging through the cookbook one morning I was able to find recipes that use ingredients that I had on-hand. So I can use it even when I haven't planned ahead!
The book includes a number of recipes for different types of breakfast foods. A few favorites are: breakfast beverages omelets frittatas quiche breakfast casseroles french toast pancakes & waffles crepes and blintzes potatoes breakfast breads fruits
Each category contains a nice variety of recipes so you can try out different flavors (like Greek-Style crepes, crab & shrimp crepes and blueberry-peach dessert crepes). This cookbook also got me inspired to experiment a bit and use ideas from different recipes to create something of my own. (for some reason, no other cookbook has inspired me that way...)
Other reviewers mentioned that there are no photos, but that didn't matter too much to me. I thought the recipes were mouth-watering yet simple and this is one cookbook that will definitely get used in my kitchen!
Top of the line! Nov 22, 2007
This is the third of Ms. Vollstedt's books I've purchased. And she didn't disappoint. Even though I'm not a huge breakfast person myself, it made me want to start cooking breakfast every morning. Just so I could try them out. Being that I also live in Eugene, Oregon, my one goal in life is now to somehow be invited to her house for dinner.
love this cookbook! May 16, 2007
I do wish this book had pictures, however, the recipes are good enough to sell the book on their own without them.
This is my second cookbook by this author and its the favorite of the 2. At least 90% of the recipes I can't wait to try, the other 10% I won't only becuase I don't like mushrooms=)
The recipes in here were well thought out and well put together. There is something in this book for everyone.
serious comfort food Feb 5, 2007
I think that this book has some great ideas. I would recommend it.
The Big Book of Breakfast: Serious Comfort Food for Any Time of the Day Jan 9, 2007
This book turned me into loving to cook breakfasts for guests.