Item description for Competition Rules for the 21st Century: Principles from America's Experience (International Competition Law Series Set) by Ky Ewing Jr....
Ky Ewing's magisterial work on international competition law is here updated to take stock of the prodigious expansion of anti-cartel enforcement throughout the world in the intervening years.
Although the book has been highly regarded as a major reconsideration of the foundations of competition law and policy, it has also proven enormously valuable for its wealth of information and practical guidance. Among its most useful features (some new to the second edition) are the following:
* a vast amount of statistical and other information about public competition law enforcement agencies and their resources around the world;
* in-depth analysis of the differences in competition law regimes and the various economic and legal theories from which they derive;
* detailed attention to jurisprudence and legal commentary over many decades;
* probing of the meaning of 'low' and 'fair' as applied to prices;
* suggestions for carrying out re-evaluation of policies on the basis of empirical evidence;
* formulation of a model new U.S. competition law preempting state laws; and
* guidelines on distinguishing useful collaboration from collusive activity.
Nine new appendices have been added to this edition, covering such informative material as new statistical data about U.S. enforcement, details on the dramatic cooperation now taking place among nations in anti-cartel enforcement, and suggestions on how companies and practitioners should respond to multinational investigations.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Studio: Kluwer Law International
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 9.7" Width: 6.7" Height: 1.6" Weight: 2.55 lbs.
Release Date Sep 19, 2006
Publisher Kluwer Law International
ISBN 9041124772 ISBN13 9789041124777
Availability 58 units. Availability accurate as of Oct 22, 2016 11:22.
Usually ships within one to two business days from La Vergne, TN.
Orders shipping to an address other than a confirmed Credit Card / Paypal Billing address may incur and additional processing delay.