Item description for Breaking Up Without Breaking Down by Kristina de la Cal...
Sometimes picking up the pieces after a divorce or break-up can prove to be more of a challenge than the relationship was. What if you had a manual to help guide you through the ruins of a messy break-up; a road map that could light the way as you navigate through the murky waters of heartache? What if you knew what series of emotions you could expect to feel and then armed yourself with ways to channel those emotions effectively? Breaking Up Without Breaking Down puts you back into the driver's seat of your life. Using a step-by-step approach, it offers valuable insight and provides readers with common sense as well as innovative ideas to facilitate healing. Additionally, readers are invited to take a glimpse into the personal struggles of both men and women who have endured and ultimately survived a painful break-up. By addressing potential obstacles faced by people from all walks of life, Breaking Up Without Breaking Down adopts a universal approach to healing so that you can start picking up the pieces to become whole again.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 7.7" Width: 5" Height: 0.5" Weight: 0.25 lbs.
Release Date Oct 1, 2007
Publisher Mill City Press, Inc.
ISBN 1934248398 ISBN13 9781934248393
Reviews - What do customers think about Breaking Up Without Breaking Down?
Great Book But Too Late For Me Jun 12, 2008
Kristina, I have one comment to make. Where were you when I went through a devastating divorce in 1980? Anyone at all who is going through a painful break-up: To save your sanity, please read this book!
DON'T LET BREAKING UP BREAK YOU DOWN! READ THIS BOOK TO FIND OUT HOW! Jun 2, 2008
Here's a handy book for dealing effectively with the pain of a romantic/love break up. Some of my quick observations about this wonderful book are:
1. The use of the term "emotional roller coaster" helps readers understand the series of emotional highs and lows that they can expect to experience during the aftermath of a break up or divorce. Fasten your seat belts!
2. There is an insightful chapter to help newly single parents learn how to ease their children into the transition(Chapter 8). This is something that is often overlooked!
3. Readers can learn how to find the valuable lessons hidden deep within the pain of a broken heart. And, most importantly, this new awareness helps a person to let go of the pain (even abandon the pain part completely) and move forward!
4. While most breakup books tend to be geared specifically toward women, this book presents a more universal look by providing real stories from real men AND women who went through heartbreak hell and lived to talk about it. As a man, I know that men suffer just as women do only in different external ways.
5. I particularly enjoyed the DO and DON'T lists of the anger track (pages 82-83) or the "better off because" list on page 85.
Breaking up without Breaking Down is a nice book to read for anyone who is involved in a painful breakup and needs a quick understanding of what's going on under the surface so they can let go of the pain and move on.
Helpful Healer Apr 10, 2008
This book is not only filled with insightful and helpul healing techniques but is also very interesting and entertaining, allowing you to delve into the personal lives of others. This also allows you to compare and reflect upon you your own life and relationship experiences. I highly recommend this book for you or a loved one in need of some TLC.
proof that you are not alone Dec 6, 2007
This book shares others heartbreak stories and reminds you that despite the loneliness you are experiencing, you are not alone. This book can relate to anyone. The personal accounts cover just about every scenario and type of relationship. You will get perspectives from all sides and likely find yourself nodding with understanding with every relationship. Aside from the actual hardship tales the author also gives you some great advice of her own. You will walk away from this book with a newfound strength and motivation that you hadn't realized was already in you. "Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end."
Light at the end of the tunnel Dec 5, 2007
Matters of the heart are highly intoxicating. I lose myself often in the process, and it's comforting to know I'm not alone. The many stories shared in this book offer an insight on heartbreak and recovery. Though painful, it's a necessary evil we should all go through at least once our life. Only then can we grow and develop into the person we're meant to be.