Reviews - What do customers think about I Owe You?
SHOOT-- I'm 55 and I love this...... Jun 18, 2006
I bought this in a 'box lot' and it was worth the price of ALL !I am white, male, love jazz and Gospel.....fell OUT of love with the new R&B of the past 15 yrs as the new artists are lazy and rely on looks over talent.This CD gets me cranked while I WORK. It has been my favorite for the past several months.My only concern is that it borderlines .This young lady is so talented that I fear she will cross over . I hope she is grounded in the Lord.We fans need to pray for her !KiKi-- you stay strong ! Don't you be tempted ! Get your treasures in Heaven.From the 'old man' .....Geno
This is the Future of Gospel Nov 1, 2005
Words cannot express the way I feel about this artist and this CD. Kierra "Kiki" Sheard is true music minister. It is astounding that she is only a teenager, but this girl has more anointing in her little pinky than...well, you get what I'm saying. She truly is the future of gospel music. Hailing from the legendary Clark family, Kiki continues in their excellent tradition of lifting up the name of Jesus in song.
1. You Don't Know - This song has grown on me. It's not my favorite, but I love the way she incorporates the Clark Sisters' "You Brought the Sunshine" melody into the bridge.
2. Let Go - This song by far is my favorite. Kiki's voice is amazing! I can't believe how high she sings on it without sounding screechy. It's got a powerful message about persevering through hardship, and she throws in a riff a la Dorinda at the end.
3. Church Nite - Cute song, good lyrics, and stellar singing as always.
4. Closer - Great song about getting closer to God.
5. Praise Offering - Oh my goodness. If you do not feel the Holy Spirit when you hear this song, you are not saved! For real! This song gives me chills. It is so heartfelt, sincere, and beautiful. Just listen.
6. Sweetest Thing - My favorite line of the song is: "He's the man in my life, and He always makes things right." Sweet song about Jesus being the lover of you soul. It was also produced by her younger brother.
7. War - Another song produced by Kiki's younger brother. Powerful.
8. All I Am - Very smooth and soothing.
9. Done Did It-Get ready to have some more church. Girlfriend goes to town on this one.
10. So Long - Not my fave, but still good.
11. Snap - Tonex delivers on this thumping, hard-hitting track. It's very Tonex-if you're familiar with his work, then you know what I mean.
This is just such a wonderful CD. I encourage you to go out and buy it right now! You won't be sorry.
A blessing Oct 28, 2005
Kierra is a really talented young woman of God and she's got a voice just like her mama's! Strong and beautiful. I would say Kierra is simply a more modern sounding Karen Clark-Sheard. And by that I mean that her music radiates God's word and at the same time appeals to young people because of her contemporary style. So it's not just the beat that will grab you. You will be blessed by the gospel's truth in the lyrics. And not only that, but young people, young church-goers, will be even able to *relate.* If you're thinking about buying it, let me sway you to go ahead and do it.
I Owe Him Too Aug 23, 2005
I love this girl, the way she sings, her voice, the songs, the beats....the list goes on and on. Definitely a must have for those who like to bump some downright good gospel music. One of the best cd's of 2004 and even going into 2005. If you like her mom Karen then you'll like her too. I might even pick up the remix cd too just so I can continue to listen to her until the next one drops.
GIFTED Aug 21, 2005
I love the Clark Sisters and when I heard Kierra's CD I was like "Yep she has the gift." Overall to me the CD could have been better, the upbeat songs were good, but if the CD had at least two more songs like "Praise Offering" it really would have been awesome. I liked the Tonex produced song also...by the way when is Mrs. Tonex coming out with an album because the song sounds just like her. Kierra's voice is another welcome additon to gospel music and I hope that she stays focused and keeps up her instrument to continue to give GOD the glory like only she can!