Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Record Label Reunion
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 5.55" Width: 4.97" Height: 0.54" Weight: 0.18 lbs.
Release Date May 31, 2005
Publisher PROVIDENT MUSIC DISTRIBUTION
ISBN 0012335541 ISBN13 0602341008228 UPC 602341008228
Availability 0 units.
More About Joy Williams
Joy Williams is the author of four novels-the most recent, "The Quick and the Dead, "was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in 2001-and two earlier collections of stories, as well as "Ill Nature," a book of essays that was a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award for criticism. Among her many honors are the Rea Award for the short story and the Strauss Living Award from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. She lives in Key West, Florida, and Tucson, Arizona.
Joy Williams's "Ill Nature, The Quick and the Dead," "State of Grace, "and "Taking Care" are available in Vintage paperback.
Joy Williams currently resides in Tucson, in the state of Arizona.
You will want to listen to this CD over and over and over and over...
This is very great christain music! Sep 13, 2006
Joy Willaims is surprisingly a really great singer. I have only known about her for half a year, and this is the only album by her that I own. My older brother bought this CD for my birthday back in March, and I didn't know anything about her, but after I listened to it, I really loved it! Her music is very encouraging, and every time I pop in this CD, it makes me feel so blessed.
1. Stay - 9/10 A nice, beautiful beginning to the album, it has a good message in it too.
2. We - 10/10 Great one! This song is very uplifting, it talks about how when a person wishes he or she were like someone else, the person he envies has the same type of problem mostly, and it can really make people feel better(if you don't get what I mean, just buy this CD and listen to the song!:)
3. Say goodbye - 8/10 This one's pretty good, but it could've had a little more tune to it. But it has great lyrics.
4. Hide - 10/10 Cool! This too has a very great message, and I think so many people who DO hide from everything and shut themselves up can relate to this, and we do need to make much more appearance in our lives as christains.
5. Beautiful Redemption - 10/10 This is a great song about why we belong to God and why we're here on this earth. It talks about how often we sin, but no matter what, we're forgiven when we ask for forgiveness, and this song is also very musical, which is good.
6. Unafraid - 10/10 This is definitely another song we can relate to! It's about how we, as christains, should never be afraid to step out in the crowd and tell everyone what we believe, even though people will scoff at us, and it's something I myself have to do more often.
7. Silence - 10/10 This is probably my favorite! It always comforts me when I am upset, and it talks about why God doesn't alwasy answer our prayers immediately, and that we just need to wait and it might happen. Other than the lyrics, the tune is so beatiful in this. I love it.
8. I'm in love with you - 8/10 This one is pretty good, but not my favorite, a little too slow.
9. God only knows - 10/10 This is another song that talks about things we should think about. It's got a really great message,and talks about how God is the only One who knows what we are all going through, because He made us.
10. Child of Eden - 10/10 The lyrics in this are so true, we are all children of Eden because we have all sinned, we have mocked God and decieved Him many times in our lives, since we were born, and this song also tells us that we are forgiven for them if we were chosen by Jesus Christ Himslef.
Anyway, very good CD! Please buy it, even if you are not a christain because if you do, this could really touch you and change your heart and ways forever! I am saying this because I mean it, trust me, if you have the love of Christ, then you are safe and will spend eternity with Him in Heaven, so please think about what I said here and buy this album, see what you think of it!
Joy's fresh approach Jul 17, 2006
If there's one word that describes Joy, it's: transparency. She is devoted to being honest and open with her audience even if it means making herself a bit vulnerable. Her lyrics give audiences a thoughtful look into a creative variety of different venues of the Christian life.
As far as her almbum Genesis goes, the three most impacting songs on her album Genesis are probably: Hide, God Only Knows, and We. The others are wonderful as well...she has a good balance of intensity and quiet reflection on this album.
She's introspective and observant. Her voice is powerful...her tunes are fresh....and her lyrics are God-honoring. Audiences are endeared to her because she's a cool, gentle, honest person and she's not afraid to get real with them.
a very good, and the best Joy release so far! Apr 3, 2006
I didn't care to much for Joy Williams first two releases. This one though, I really like. I think she went a little more alternative rock/pop christian with this album. A couple of the songs may remind you of artsits such as LaRue- sister & brother Natalie & Phillip Larue (both out on solo projects now), Nichole Nordeman, Natalie Grant, & even the lighter side of Plumb. I love the song Silence, that song reminds me alot of Larue's music. I also really like the songs God Only Knows, Unafraid, & Beautiful Redemption, which reminds me of some of Plumb's softer songs. A must have for anybody who is fans of the artists I mentioned. 4.5 out of 5.
Great Lyrics, Some Catchy Tunes Apr 2, 2006
'Genesis' features Joy's great voice and lyrics. This album has a few really good songs. I particularly like 'Hide', 'Beautiful Redemption', 'Silence', and 'God Only Knows'.
Her songs feature lyrics that reflect issues that most of us experience. 'Silence' deals with praying and wondering if God is listening. He is, but there are times when most of us wonder due to our own shortcomings. Another one that has absolutely superb lyrics is 'Hide'. It is very catchy and gets played fairly often on Christian radio.
Although there are a few songs that I think are just ok, the ones that are good make this album worth the cost. I recommend it.