Reviews - What do customers think about The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook (Hank the Cowdog)?
Great Book Dec 15, 2007
I love all the Hank books, and this is a great one for the Christmas season. These books are hilarious and more important to the young reader, fun to read. I'd also check the rest of the series.
Author of "Hobo Finds A Home" editor "Of A Predatory Heart"
The Funny Book Mar 15, 2002
The best mysterious book I ever read.Full of laughter.Great book for kids under 14.I wish there was more characters.
Critique of The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook May 15, 2000
I liked the book, The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook, because it was funny. One of the funniest parts of this book was when Hank, the cowdog, ate the soap. Hank had swallowed a fishhook. Then he swallowed soap to help him spit the hook out. This is the funniest "Hank" book written by John R. Erickson. I give this book a five-star rating and I recommend that you read it immediately!
I couldn't put it down Jan 19, 2000
This book is very good because Hank go's fishin' with little Alfred and gets very mad at Drover because he eats the bait and while hank was yelling at Drover Hank found some of the bait and ate it. To find out if there was a fishhook attached to it read the book.
Unquestionably the best Hank book yet! Jan 29, 1999
I admit it...I am definitely "hooked" on Hank's latest adventure. Here's why:
1) John Erickson gets better with each Hank volume. In each new book in this series, he fine tunes the characters, until they become more and more life-like. Although I enjoy Hank, Pete, Slim, Loper and all the other characters, Drover is my favorite...and in this adventure his true "Droverness" comes shining through. This new book is a wonderful example of Mr. Erickson's talents. It is great reading for kids of ALL ages!
2) I didn't actually count them, but it seems there are more illustrations in this book than in the previous Hank titles. Gerald Holmes really knows how to capture Hank and his cohorts in his drawings. The text is hilarious, and the illustrations really bring the book to life.
3) Hank is now being published by Puffin Books, and the book itself is a higher quality than seen before.
4) I hereby affirm and admit that I am a Hankoholic, but even if I had never read a Hank adventure before, I would enjoy this latest story immensely. This is a "must-have" for anyone who enjoys reading...
5) You may have noticed from my e-mail address that I am a big admirer of Hank. I want to let you know that I am in NO way associated with the author, illustrator or publisher of the Hank the Cowdog books. I am the fire chief in a community of about 16,000. There have been times in my career when I have had to make a tough decisions. I then ask myself, "what would Hank do in this situation?" And, he hasn't steered me wrong yet. I'm just one of Hank's biggest fans...in fact I weigh about 170 lbs. :-)