Item description for Bktrax-Disc-Talent Is Never Enough (Abridged) (4 CD) by John Maxwell ...
Overview Outlines the thirteen crucial things one can do to maximise natural talents and become a "talent-plus" person.
New York Times best-selling author Dr. John C. Maxwell has a message for you, and for today's corporate culture fixated on talent above all else: TALENT IS NEVER ENOUGH.
People everywhere are proving him right. Read the headlines, watch the highlights, or just step out your front door: Some talented people reach their full potential, while others self-destruct or remain trapped in mediocrity. What makes the difference? Maxwell, the go-to guru for business professionals across the globe, insists that the choices people make-not merely the skills they inherit-propel them onto greatness. Among other truths, successful people know that: Belief lifts your talent. Initiative activates your talent. Focus directs your talent. Preparation positions your talent. Practice sharpens your talent. Perseverance sustains your talent. Character protects your talent. . . . and more
It's what you add to your talent that makes the greatest difference. With authentic examples and time-tested wisdom, Maxwell shares thirteen attributes you need to maximize your potential and live the life of your dreams.
You can have talent alone and fall short of your potential. Or you can have talent plus, and really stand out.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Format: Abridged, Audiobook
Studio: Thomas Nelson
Running Time: 280.00 minutes
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 1" Width: 4.75" Height: 5.5" Weight: 0.45 lbs.
Release Date Apr 3, 2007
Publisher Thomas Nelson
ISBN 078522064X ISBN13 9780785220640 UPC 020049058329
Availability 0 units.
More About John Maxwell
JOHN C. MAXWELL, the #1 New York Times bestselling author, coach, and speaker who has sold more than 25 million books, was identified as the #1 leader in business by the American Management Association(R) and the world's most influential leadership expert by Business Insider and Inc. magazine in 2014. His organizations--The John Maxwell Company, The John Maxwell Team, and EQUIP--have trained more than 5 million leaders worldwide. Maxwell speaks to Fortune 500 companies, presidents of nations, and many top world business leaders.
John C. Maxwell currently resides in Atlanta, in the state of Georgia. John C. Maxwell was born in 1947.
John C. Maxwell has published or released items in the following series...
Reviews - What do customers think about Bktrax-Disc-Talent Is Never Enough (Abridged) (4 CD)?
I seriously like this book. It doesn't only talk about talent. Feb 17, 2010
At first, I don't know why, but I never really like John Maxwell. Something about him. I don't know. This book proved me wrong. Now that I have finished with this book, now, I'm reading his other books
Coach Dec 16, 2009
I spend a great deal of time training talented or elite athletes and am always looking for ways to rethink training protocols. I found this to be a book with lots of interesting ideas especially as regards teaching or training talented people/athletes. Did not agree with several of his points but the author made me rethink and challenge several of my exsiting beliefs and paradigms. Worth the read.
Inspirational guide to maximizing your talent Dec 15, 2009
The professional sports world is filled with athletes who have extraordinary talent and yet end up with mediocre careers. Of course, every field has people who have failed to achieve their individual talent potential. Why? Talent alone is not remarkable. In fact, it is commonplace. What is special is "talent plus," the term leadership author John C. Maxwell uses to describe the achievement level of people who maximize their talents. Maxwell says you must add effort to talent to make it matter. He describes 13 sterling attributes people should strive to build within themselves to maximize their talents. getAbstract recommends his message to those who coach, mentor or encourage others. In any business or activity, Maxwell contends, talent "is only a starting point." How you develop your talent is what counts, and this book will show you how.
Every talented person should listen to these cds. Jun 3, 2009
I continually listen to these over and over on a daily basis. Excellent advice turning talent into success. Great stuff.
Great book on how to develop your potential Apr 27, 2009
This book explains that having talent is not enough to be successful. You must work hard to develop your talent in order to become successful. The author outlines 13 factors to maximize a person's talent. They are:
1. Beliefs lifts you talent. When people believe in themselves, they unleash power in themselves that could allow them to reach their potentials.
2. Passion energizes your talent. Passion creates fire, provide fuel and sustain your energy. Passion allows you to carry on no matters how many times you fall down or how other people say that you cannot succeed.
3. Initiative activates your talent. You don't wait for everything to be perfect to move forward. You don't wait for the problem to disappear. You don't wait to gain your confidence or fear to subside. You start by taking the first step and things will get easier when you get momentum.
4. Focus directs your talent. Focus channels your energy to the right place. We should focus on developing our potential. We should focus on the present. We should focus on our strength, not our weaknesses. We should focus on the result to stay grounded. We should focus on the present and not worry about the future.
5. Preparation positions your talent. Preparation precedes opportunity. Preparation for tomorrow begins with the right use of today. Good preparation leads into action. Preparation allows you to position yourself when opportunity arises.
6. Practice sharpens your talent. Consistent practice sharpens your talent. Practice make perfect. Practice requires us to make the extra effort that differentiates us from success with failure. You can never arrive at your talent; you can only continue to strive towards it.
7. Perseverance sustains your talent. Talent provides hope for reaching your potential, but perseverance guarantees it. Perseverance cannot survive without a purpose. Perseverance means succeeding because you are determined to, not destined to. Perseverance recognizes life is not a long race, but many short ones in succession. Perseverance draws sweetness out of adversity. Perseverance means stopping not because we're tired but because the task is done. Perseverance demands all that we have.
8. Courage tests your talent. Courage is a daily virtue. You cannot do anything worthwhile without courage. Our courage will be tested as we seek a truth that we know may be painful. Our courage will be tested when change is needed, when our convictions are challenged and when learning and growing will display our weakness. Our courage will be tested when we face obstacles during our progress. You need to want to reach your potential and be willing to trade what seems good at the moment for what's best for your potential.
9. Teachability expands your talent. It is the desire to learn, unlearn, relearn and apply. You will expand if you keep expecting and striving to learn. Learning is a lifelong pursuit.
10. Character protects your talent. Character comprises of self discipline, core values, sense of identity and integrity. Character builds what's inside you. Character makes a difference in you. Character communicates consistency, longevity and influence. Character affects and influences your choice.
11. Relationships influence your talent. Surround yourself with people who add value to you and encourage you and your talent will go in a positive direction. The relationship in your life can make or break you. You should embrace relationship that expands your energy and avoid relationship that saps your energy. Your relationship will define you, so choose wisely.
12. Responsibility strengthens your talent. Responsibility is the foundation of success. It is a sacrifice that brings tremendous rewards. Responsibility when handled correctly will lead to more responsibilities. It will maximize your ability and expands your opportunity. Take responsibility of being a contributor instead of a liability. Responsible people enjoy an increasingly better reputation.
13. Teamwork multiplies your talent. You cannot do it alone to fulfill your dreams. Partner yourself with others who have strengths in those areas that you do not posses. Teamwork when done correctly has the compounding effect of achieving results. It will also expand your potential. If you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades will take care of themselves. A talented person who is part of a right team becomes more than he ever could on his own.