Item description for Jars of Clay (Songbooks and Folios) by Jars of Clay...
Matching folio to their blockbuster CCM cross-over debut release featuring: Art in Me * Flood * He * Boy on a String * Like a Child * Liquid * Love Song for a Savior * Sinking * Worlds Apart * and Blind.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 11.22" Width: 7.32" Height: 0.4" Weight: 0.84 lbs.
Release Date Aug 1, 1996
ISBN 0760110387 ISBN13 9780760110386 UPC 083061003791
Reviews - What do customers think about Jars of Clay (Songbooks and Folios)?
The Original & Best! (and it's not Corn Flakes) Feb 8, 2001
I love this CD! It's the first Jars of Clay album,and the best(in my opinion). It helped me to grow spiritually. In case you don't know, these are the songs with a short description of each:
1. Liquid: talks (sings, actually) about Christ's sacrifice for us, and how "He didn't die for nothing." I liked all the instruments in the background, too.
2. Sinking: about how we can try to convince ourselves that we don't need God; that we're fine on our own. But then it goes into how God sees through our lies and we should turn to Him for healing.
3. Love Song For a Savior: my favorite! The title is pretty self-explanatory, I think. It's a beautiful song about coming closer to God; and how much He loves us.
4. Like a Child: another favorite! This one's about how if we have faith like a child, we can move mountains!
5. Art in Me: external looks and/or occupations shouldn't be judged, according to this song. It talks about how Christ sees "the art" in all of us, and wants us to do the same to others.
6. He: this song was kind of sad. It talks about a guy who is hurting because of the rotten things he's done, and wants to hide from God. Also, his parents are abusive and non-supportive, and wants to hide from them. But God holds His children, even this guy, in His hands.
7. Boy on a String: about being ourselves and becoming the man/woman that God wants us to be; not just going along with the crowd and being like a puppet, doing what others want you to.
8. Flood: talks of a great "flood" and how we can't swim all forty days without Christ. He lifts us when we fall, and saves us from "drowning" in our confusion; He'll hold us when we need it.
9. Worlds Apart: about how what we think we need and what we believe are "worlds apart."
10. Blind: talks about how our cynical, doubting selves blind us from God and His redemption; saying "blind words you call; blind words will fall."
Great Christian Rock with beautiful lyrics Mar 1, 1999
Jars of Clay has the beautiful and inspiring lyrics with a gorgeous blend of acoustics, guitars, and vocals. Everyone will like this CD; it has rock(Flood, Liquid), and beautiful harmonies(Love Song for a Savior, Worlds Apart).