Item description for Hearing Impairment: An Invisible Disability by J. Suzuki...
Hearing Impairment - An Invisible Disability is the first work of its kind to comprehensively cover all aspects of hearing impairment. It covers the following categories through more than 100 contributions from all over the world to constitute an encyclopedia of hearing impairment:
- Hearing Basics: What does hearing impairment mean? Its causes and effects are explained through many real-world examples.
- Children: Childhood is a time when hearing impairment often begins, so proper treatment at an early stage can help alleviate difficulties and allow for as normal a life as possible. Many case studies from both the developed and developing parts of the world, including Indonesia and Latin America in the latter category, are provided to aid comprehension.
- Hearing Aids: Through newly emerging technology and with the help of electronics companies, new and affordable hearing aids are being developed and marketed. The authors take a closer look at this burgeoning field.
- Medical Aspects: Medical treatment of hearing impairment has recently shown remarkable change, manifested in improved techniques and applications all over the world. Although mainly of relevance to researchers and practicing physicians, the clear explanation of the medical and technical terminology is likely to be of interest to all concerned with the future of hearing impairment.
- Social and International Help: With a wealth of assistance from individuals, NGOs, and international organizations specifically tailored to help the hearing impaired, those in need of guidance can gain confidence from the knowledge that substantial support is available to help them pursue a full and varied life.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 9.24" Width: 6.27" Height: 1.24" Weight: 2.2 lbs.
Release Date Aug 25, 2004
ISBN 4431223266 ISBN13 9784431223269
Availability 109 units. Availability accurate as of Mar 23, 2017 12:42.
Usually ships within one to two business days from La Vergne, TN.
Orders shipping to an address other than a confirmed Credit Card / Paypal Billing address may incur and additional processing delay.