Item description for Identification of Parametric Models: from Experimental Data (Communications and Control Engineering) by Eric Walter, Luc Pronzato & John Norton...
The identification of parametric models from experimental data is a fundamental activity among researchers and engineers in pure and applied sciences. This work addresses the topic by examining, among others, the following areas:
* choice of an appropriate model structure which allows the estimation of all parameters;
* choice of a quality criterion for rating models;
* incorporation of prior knowledge and objectives and guarding against possible outliers;
* optimization of the selected criterion and simple yet exact evaluation of characteristics;
* evaluation of uncertainty in estimated parameters;
* design of experimental conditions for the collection of the most pertinent information given prior constraints and objectives.
Identification of Parametric Models deals with these questions in a straightforward style while providing a global vision of the methodology.
Suitable for engineers and researchers who practise mathematical modelling from experimental data, graduate students who wish to become acquainted with the field, this text will also be a valuable resource for specialists in the field.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 1.25" Width: 6.25" Height: 9.75" Weight: 1.6 lbs.
Release Date Jan 15, 1997
ISBN 3540761195 ISBN13 9783540761198
Availability 0 units.
More About Eric Walter, Luc Pronzato & John Norton