Item description for Wars Roleplaying Game - Earther * Gongen * Maverick * Shi * Quay by Ian Lizard Harac...
WARS is about energy, power, conflict and the mysterious quantum effects of The Mumon Rift. In the 24th Century, escalating warfare among three human factions in Earth's Solar System increases dramatically when a new planet appears and two warring alien races attempt to take over the universe. This universe of conflict and power was introduced in the WARS card game from Decipher, and is now a stunning new roleplaying game with a well-developed and compelling setting and cast of characters.
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 10.8" Width: 8.5" Height: 0.8" Weight: 2.45 lbs.
Release Date Aug 17, 2005
Publisher Mongoose Publishing
ISBN 1905176066 ISBN13 9781905176069
Reviews - What do customers think about Wars Roleplaying Game - Earther * Gongen * Maverick * Shi * Quay?
WARS (the game) Looks Good... Mar 20, 2007
FAIR Notice: I own this book, but have NOT played the game.
That said, here are some items that may be of interest:
* Though missing from the front cover, this RPG was released under OGL 1.0, and bears the OGL emblem on the back cover.
* The authors state in the first pages that though the RPG shares the same setting as the Card Game (ostensibly of the same name), there is no game linkage between them.
* The book is indeed 304 pages long.
* The book features a simple two-column layout, with an easy-to-read and pleasantly spaced typeface. The page border is a little strong, but not overwhelming. Tables and callouts are black backed with white text; again, a little strong, but not too.
* Like the cover, the interior art is full-color and of pleasantly HIGH quality. Call me immature or picayune, but nothing turns me off faster than weak art. This game seems to have gotten that message loud and clear.
And there you have it. Though not a playtester review, I hope there is some useful info here nonetheless.