Newsletter   Secure Checkout   View Cart (0 items)  
Search:    Welcome Guest! Save up to 30-40% on most items with our awesome everyday discounts!

Power Of Speaking God's Word, The [Paperback]

By Wilbur Ellsworth (Author)
Our Price $ 10.49  
Retail Value $ 14.99  
You Save $ 4.50  (30%)  
Item Number 39324  
Buy New $10.49
Quantity:
Out Of Stock!
Currently Out Of Stock
Currently unavailable...

Item description for Power Of Speaking God's Word, The by Wilbur Ellsworth...

Overview
Preachers should be concerned to preach God's word with God's power. Preachers are also conscious of the need to feed their flock.. There are many struggles in the pulpit every week to make sure that the congregation is fed and also inspired. This book grew out of the comment of a trusted congregation member to the author that 80% of his sermons were immemorable, but that the other 20% had profoundly changed their life. Ellsworth started searching for reasons as to why some sermons had such a greater impact than others. Previously he had dismissed preaching without a written manuscript as being almost certain to be shallow, full of cliches and repetitions. Surely 'deep' teaching needed more support than his poor memory could provide? Launching out in faith, Ellsworth started reducing his notes to the extent that they could be contained on one post-it note. The result? A learned colleague said that you would never have guessed how 'so much effect could have come from a single change'. This is not a book about taking short cuts in congregation.

Publishers Description
Preachers should be concerned to preach God's word with God's power. Preachers are also conscious of the need to feed their flock. There are many struggles in the pulpit every week to make sure that the congregation is fed and also inspired.This book grew out of the comment of a trusted congregation member to the author that 80% of his sermons were immemorable, but that the other 20% had profoundly changed their life.Ellsworth started searching for reasons as to why some sermons had such a greater impact than others. Previously he had dismissed preaching without a written manuscript as being almost certain to be shallow, full of cliches and repetitious. Surely 'deep' teaching needed more support than his poor memory could provide?Launching out in faith, Ellsworth started reducing his notes to the extent that they could be contained on one post-it note. The result? A learned colleague said that you would never have guessed how 'so much effect could have come from a single change.'This is not a book about taking short cuts in sermon preparation - but a means of gaining more attention and having greater impact on your congregation."

Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!

Item Specifications...


Studio: Christian Focus
Pages   144
Est. Packaging Dimensions:   Length: 8.48" Width: 5.46" Height: 0.35"
Weight:   0.46 lbs.
Binding  Softcover
Release Date   Jan 1, 2001
Publisher   Christian Focus Publications
Series  Mentor  
ISBN  1857926048  
ISBN13  9781857926040  


Availability  0 units.


More About Wilbur Ellsworth


Register your artisan biography and upload your photo! Wilbur Ellsworth is pastor of Holy Transfiguration Antiochian Orthodox Church in Warrenville, Illinois, speaker on Ancient Faith Radio's 'Let My Prayer Arise: Meditations on the Psalms,' author of The Power of Speaking God's Word (Christian Focus, 2000) and president of The Society for the Study of Eastern Orthodoxy and Evangelicalism.

Are You The Artisan or Author behind this product?
Improve our customers experience by registering for an Artisan Biography Center Homepage.



Product Categories

1Books > Subjects > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Clergy > Preaching


Christian Product Categories
Books > Church & Ministry > Pastoral Help > General



Similar Products

$16.99  $11.89

$32.99  $23.09

$14.99  $10.49



Reviews - What do customers think about Power Of Speaking God's Word, The?

Be the first to write a review about Power Of Speaking God's Word, The



Ask A Question or Provide Feedback regarding Power Of Speaking God's Word, The


Item Feedback and Product Questions
For immediate assistance call 888.395.0572 during the hours of 10am thru 8pm EST Monday thru Friday and a customer care representative will be happy to help you!

Help us continuously improve our service by reporting your feedback or questions below:

I have a question regarding this product
The information above is incorrect or conflicting
The page has misspellings or incorrect grammar
The page did not load correctly in my browser or created an error.

Email Address:
Anti Spam Question. To combat spammers we require that you answer a simple question.
What color is the sky?
Leave This Blank :
Do Not Change This Text :



Add This Product Widget To Your Website

Looking to add this information to your own website? Then use our Product Widget to allow you to display product information in a frame that is 120 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.

    Copy and paste the following HTML into your website and enjoy!



Order toll-free weekdays 10am thru 10pm EST by phone: 1-888-395-0572 (Lines are closed on holidays & weekends.)
Customer Service | My Account | Track My Orders | Return Policy | Request Free Catalog | Email Newsletter


Resources
Gift Certificates
RSS Feeds
Corporate
About Us
Contact Us
Policies
Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy