Item description for Best in Show: The World of Show Dogs and Dog Shows (Kennel Club Pro) by Bo Bengtson...
Best in Show is the first and only book of its kind in the world...part beautiful coffee table book, part extensive reference tool, part "how-to" guide, and highly entertaining read. Best in Show has something for everyone who loves show dogs and dog shows, written by an internationally recognized expert.
Best in Show includes:
* 150 years of dog show history, including top dogs and dog show personalities recorded for the first time in one book
* Over 700 rare and wonderful images and photographs
* The interesting origins of dog shows in England in the 1850s, then its growth and development around the world
* What judges are looking for in the show ring
* The latest international developments in the sport
* Legendary figures and famous dogs that have earned near celebrity status
* An interesting read from Bo Bengtson's first person account of his nearly 50 years in dog shows
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 2" Width: 7.5" Height: 9.5" Weight: 4.5 lbs.
Release Date Feb 10, 2008
Publisher Kennel Club Books
ISBN 1931993858 ISBN13 9781931993852 UPC 731360938589
Reviews - What do customers think about Best in Show: The World of Show Dogs and Dog Shows (Kennel Club Pro)?
A life's work May 25, 2008
This is a magnificent work on the history and future of the sport of showing dogs. Filled throughout with marvellous photographs of almost every single important winner, in any breed, anywhere. A must have for the serious exhibitor, judge, groomer and breeder; and a treasure for the newbie as well as it is accessible and clear.
Truly one of the best dog books written, in the same master class as Pat Craige's Born to Win and Mary Roslin Williams' Reaching for the Stars.
Best In Show: The World of Show Dogs and Dog Shows Mar 3, 2008
At first I thought this was a book telling you about training and showing your dog, but I was sadly mistaken. This is a history about dog showing and also about different dog shows around the world. I am glad I got this book though, anyone who shows dogs should have this wonderful reference book.