I Need Thee Every Hour/Nothing But the Blood - Vince Gill, Amy Grant
What You Already Own
It Is Well With My Soul/The River's Gonna Keep on Rolling
Do You Remember the Time
Fields of Plenty/Be Still My Soul
Imagine/Sing the Wondrous Love of Jesus
Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Fairest Lord Jesus
Holy, Holy, Holy
What a Friend We Have in Jesus/Old Rugged Cross/How Great Thou Art
Marching to Zion
Item description for Legacy...Hymns & Faith by Amy Grant...
Overview Limited 2-disc collectors edition *includes bonus DVD which features behind the scenes documentary and footage and more
1. This is My Father's World 2. My Jesus, I Love Thee 3. Softly and Tenderly 4. I Need Thee Every Hour/Nothing But the Blood (duet with Vince Gill) 5. What You Already Own 6. It is Well with My Soul/The River's Gonna Keep on Rolling 7. Do You Remember the Time 8. Fields of Plenty/Be Still My Soul 9. Imagine/Sing the Wondrous Love of Jesus 10. Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing 11. Fairest Lord Jesus 12. Holy, Holy, Holy 13. What A Friend We Have in Jesus/Old Rugged Cross/How Great Thou Art 14. Marching to Zion
Promise Angels is dedicated to bringing you great books at great prices. Whether you read for entertainment, to learn, or for literacy - you will find what you want at promiseangels.com!
Studio: Word Entertainment
Record Label Word Entertainment
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 5.4" Width: 4.8" Height: 0.3" Weight: 0.2 lbs.
Release Date May 31, 2002
Publisher WORD ACCT# W41160193
ISBN 0012126950 ISBN13 9780012126950 UPC 080688621124
Availability 0 units.
More About Amy Grant
Born on November 25, 1960, in Augusta, Georgia. Amy Grant has helped revolutionize contemporary Christian music.
Harking from Nashville, Tennessee, Amy was part of a close-knit, religious family. She had a strong grounding in God's Word through her Church, would would become a major influence on her music.
Grant learned guitar as a teen, and worked at a local recording studio. It was during this time that she made a tape of her music for her parents, which had been discovered by a producer with Word Records, a Christian music label. This led to a recording contract, and her first album was released in 1977. The self-titled album was a big success in the world of Christian music. With her unique style, Grant charted new territory. She fused elements of existing genres of gospel, hymns, and Jesus music—which used rock music to convey Christian teachings—to create a fresh, new sound, not heard before. Her songs are often deeply personal as well as reflecting her spiritual faith.
Grant continued recording and performing throughout high school and college, and has made a significant career for herself releasing numerous popular albums over the years.
She also earned several Dove Awards from the Gospel Music Association (GMA), including for Performer of the Year.
Amy Grant has published or released items in the following series...
Reviews - What do customers think about Legacy...Hymns & Faith?
Legacy hyms and faith Jan 17, 2007
great old hyms sung like an angel. amy grant at her best.
Okay....but good old hymns can stand on there own. Feb 20, 2006
I have been a fan of Amy's for quite some time now. i was very pleased to see that she made the leap back to here roots in this CD, however, i was disappointed when Amy decided to break songs up. "It is Well" would have been more beautiful on it's own. Amy also did this with some other selections which didn't seem to do justice to some of these very old hymns.
Amy in my opinion did it right on the second CD of old and favorite hymns letting each song stand on its own. It was far more pleasing to listen to the second CD.
Hymns with style Feb 13, 2006
As Amy Grant fan, I pretty much love everything she does. However, this album did a good job of bringing new life to some old favorite hymns. While I enjoy listening to this at home, I find that I will often use it for background music at church (gathering, communion or after the service). It is a great album for pastors to have in their collections as well as Amy Grant fans.
Old Country Churches Jan 22, 2006
This is a wonderful collection of old time Christian songs of faith from Amy Grant. Magnificently produced by husband Vince Gill, it is at once artistically beautiful yet simply presented so that the words of faith are not overpowered by the productions. Grant made this album to commemorate her roots in Christian music and has lovingly rendered all those songs she sang as a child in church with her grandmother in a manner that would make her proud. It is gentle and soulful and the selections are perfect.
1) "This is My Father's World"-This song has a ferris wheel kind of rhythm that ponders on the happiness of living in God's world in all its beauty.
2) "My Jesus, I Love Thee"-There is a Scottish Highland kind of feeling to this selection as Amy sings of love for Jesus.
3) "Softly and Tenderly"-Amy perfectly captures this haunting call for the weary to "come home" to God.
4) "I Need Thee Every Hour/Nothing But the Blood"-The heartfelt "I Need Thee Every Hour" blends effortlessly into the rollicking tent revival duet of Amy and Vince on "Nothing but the Blood" that will have you feeling as though you should be up on your feet and clapping your hands together.
5) "What You Already Own"-I am not sure if it was intentional or coincidence, but I could not help thinking of how Amy was abandoned by some in the Christian community for not being perfect. This gentle lament of sometimes being unfaithful and doing wrong and looking to God for strength shows his spirit remains with those with faith, which is played out by our lives.
6) "It is Well With My Soul/The River's Gonna Keep on Rolling"-This beautful blending of songs has a flow like a river itself as Amy sings of God's love being like a river that keeps forgiving and makes us realize it is not possesions that are our legacy, but ourselves.
7) "Do You Remember the Time"-This song is a longing for the innocence we all once had and an encouragement to hold on to how we once felt, when we were kids, and heaven seemed real.
8) "Fields of Plenty/Be Still My Soul"-A melancholy guitar solo turns into a haunting admonition to leave things in God's hands, culminating with a voice over by Amy that is heartrending.
9) "Imagine/Sing the Wondrous Love of Jesus"-Amy's imagining what it will be like to see and be in His Glory ends in the brief ode to her love of Jesus.
10) "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing"-This great church hymn with it's terrific background vocals and country flavor makes you feel like you driving by an old country church during a different era.
11) "Fairest Lord Jesus"-This is a guitar driven song of uplifting praise, and once again, makes you think of being in church.
12) "Holy, Holy, Holy"-This is a beautiful song of love for God that is like looking out over a glorious vista of His creation.
13) "What a Friend We Have in Jesus/Old Rugged Cross/How Great Thou Art"-Traditional church songs are beautifully melded together and offer a nostalgic longing for the faith of simpler times.
14) "Marching to Zion"-The ending of a church service and that Scottish Highland feel return as Amy ends this wonderful album with an uplifting church hymn, choir and all.
This is a truly wonderful collection of songs born of faith that has a special feeling of old churches in the country and gatherings in small towns to sing praises. It is a very special CD that crosses boundaries and can be enjoyed by anyone who loves music.
It is a reminder to those of us who are jaded and world weary, who have stood next to the darkness and in it, who have seen a little too much, that good still does exist, as does hope.